Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy
The Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy aims to ensure that you do not have to face any trouble due to flight delays. It complies with the law of the European Union, known as EC261.
Aeromexico is not a European Airline. Still, it has to follow this law because all flights departing from the EU need to conform to it.
That is why this Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy is framed according to the EC261 law of the EU.
Through this policy, Aeromexico avoids delaying or canceling your flight at its best. Still, some unforeseen events forced Aeromexico to cancel your flight.
You will be compensated with an amount or a meal if it delays your flight. It will refund your entire amount in case your flight gets canceled.
According to Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy, this airline will compensate you in all forms for canceling or delaying your flight due to reasons within its control. Let’s understand how this policy compensates.
Aeromexico Flight Delay Compensation
Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy according to the rules of a European law known as EC 261. This law rules that airlines operating from Europe have to compensate only due to reasons that they could have controlled. These airlines will not compensate you if your flight gets delayed due to weather traffic or war. Otherwise, they will compensate in the following ways:
Compensation for 2+ hours of delay:
● Free meals and beverages
● Free communication via 2 phone calls, SMS, and text
Compensation for 3+ hours of delay:
● Flights within the distance of 1500 km: EUR 250 per person
● Domestic flights more than 1500 km: EUR 400 per person
● international flights between 1500 km and 3000 km: EUR 400 per person
● international flights flying for more than 3,500 km: €600 per person
Compensation for 5+ hours
● Free refreshments
● Medical Assistance
● 2 free phone calls, email, and SMS for communication
● Rebooking of an alternative flight
● Hotel accommodation because of overnight delays
● Refund of the entire booking amount
Compensation for Aeromexico flight cancellation
● Aeromexico will refund your money
● Book an alternative flight
● You can also rebook another flight of your choice for free
Aeromexico compensates after verifying your eligibility while complying with EU 261 law. You are protected against Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy by this law. It will protect you if your flight departs from the cities of Europe.
What is Aeromexico Airlines Delayed Flight Policy?
Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy is a comprehensive policy of compensating for delays and cancellations. Under this policy, Aeromexico will compensate you with an alternative flight booking, meals and beverages, vouchers, and medical assistance. You can apply for any of these compensations according to your choice.
Such compensation is given to you for your flight delays and cancellations. Various reasons force Aeromexico to delay or cancel your flight. Aeromexico will only compensate if it is forced to delay flights because of events that could have been controlled.
For valid reasons, Aeromexico will make its best efforts to cover all the losses that occurred to you. Aeromexico will delay your flight for the following reasons under its Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy:
Reasons outside the control of AeroMexico:
● Bad weather, such as thunderstorms or cyclones
● Terror activities
● Hostilities between nations
● Hijack threats
● Any labor-related dispute that causes disruptions in services
● Sudden orders of government
Reasons within the control of AeroMexico Airlines
● Change in schedule
● Reshuffling of staff
● Technical glitches in the flight
● Shortage of labour
● The airline overbooked your flight
● Increase in flight numbers and their mismanagement
Aeromexico Flight Status Update For Delays
Aeromexico allows you to check the status of your flight in various ways. It informs you about Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy either before or within 14 days of the departure of your flight. You will be eligible for compensation if it cancels and informs you within 14 days of departure. You will be informed via
● Aeromexico website: Flight status: The Aeromexico website’s homepage displays the ‘flight status’ tab. You can tap on this tab and enter your flight details to know its status
● The mobile app of Aeromexico: You can even know the status of your flight delay on the mobile app. Tap on the ‘flight status’ button on the Aeromexico mobile app to know the status of your flight
● Aeromexico SMS: You will also be informed about your AeroMexico flight through the SMS text as soon as its status changes
● Aeromexico email: Aeromexico will convey the status of your flight on your email, too. To receive it on both the email text, you have to provide your email address and contact numbers during your booking.
What To Do If Your Flight Is Delayed?
Aeromexico Airlines Delayed Flight and Cancellation Compensation Policy by more than 2 hours. On the other hand, in case of flight cancellation, it needs to inform you 14 days before the departure of your flight to avoid compensation. It has to pay you compensation for canceling and informing you about it 14 days before the departure of your flight.
You can contact the customer care of Aeromexico Airlines to request compensation. You can apply for it at this number: +1-800-315-2771. While requesting for compensation, you have to keep these details ready:
● Booking reference number
● Ticket number
● Flight number
● Departure and arrival details
● Valid identity proof
● Boarding pass
● Baggage tags
How Much Is Aeromexico Airlines Flight Compensation?
Aeromexico entitles you to compensation if it cancels, delays, or even overbooks your flight. You will be compensated with refreshments and communication mediums for delaying your flights by more than 2 hours. In case of more than three hours of delay, Aeromexico will pay you up to EUR 600. The amount of compensation in case of a flight delay of more than three hours:
● EUR 250 for flights covering the distance less than 1500 km
● EUR 400 for flights covering the distance between 1500 and 3500 km
● EUR 600 for flights covering a distance of more than 3500 km
Compensation for denied boarding
● Rerouting to an alternate available flight
● You have the right to ask for free meals and beverages if you are denied boarding for a longer time
● You can apply for refunds if you do not want to travel on Aeromexico further
How To Claim Aeromexico Airlines Delayed Baggage Compensation?
The Montreal Convention and Warsaw Convention rules that airlines are liable to pay for delayed baggage up to EUR 1000. Aeromexico also has to compensate if it delays or loses your bag after arriving at your destination.
If it happens, then you should immediately contact Aeromexico representatives at the airport. You have to request a Property Irregularity Report(PIR). This PIR is a form for lost or delayed baggage that should be filled within 5 days after your arrival.
Aeromexico will inform you about the status of your bag after checking it through its World Tracer.
For delayed baggage, Aeromexico will automatically compensate you with toiletries and clothes.
Aeromexico Airlines Flight Rebooking After Cancellation
Besides delays, Aeromexico can cancel your flight due to valid reasons. This cancellation could be due to mechanical issues, crew shortage, strike of staff, or any other reason. It will not leave you hopeless in this case. Aeromexico will cover up for the disturbance in your schedule that was caused by this cancellation. If it cancels your flight, then:
● Your flight will be rebooked for the earliest possible time
● You can rebook the flight of your choice for free
● Aeromexico will compensate you with a maximum amount of EUR 600 for delaying or canceling your alternate rebooked flight
- Aeromexico Airlines Flights
- Aeromexico Airlines’ flight cancellation policy
- Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. How do I claim with Aeromexico?
Ans. You can apply for compensation via the customer service of Aeromexico. You can contact Aeromexico at +1-800-315-2771 or +1 (800) 237-6639 and speak to a live person. The amount of compensation is calculated according to the distance your flight was about to cover by this person in Aeromexico.
Ques. What are the Aeromexico delay rules?
Ans. Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy rules that you can apply for compensation in case Aeromexico delays or cancels your flight. You can apply for up to EUR 600 as compensation. In the case of this compensation, Aeromexico complies with the law of the EU, which is known as EC261. This law applies to all flights(including Aeromexico) that are departing from Europe.
Ques. What is the penalty for canceling Aeromexico flights?
Ans. You have to pay fees for canceling your Aeromexico flights. Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy cancellation fees range between $200 to $500. These fees may be waived if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of making your reservation. It is free to cancel at this time.
Ques. What to do if Aeromexico delays my flight?
Ans. If Aeromexico Airlines delays Flight and cancellation Compensation Policy by more than 5 hours, it will automatically rebook the next available flight. Aeromexico will try to reebok the next available Aeromexico or its partner flight. You will receive the delay status notification through email or text message. After receiving the information, if your flight is delayed, you can apply for refunds or rebook another flight for free.
If you need any help, you can text Aeromexico on WhatsApp or call their customer service at the numbers provided. After requesting compensation, Aeromexico will compensate you according to the length of the delay.
Ques. Can I get a refund from Aeromexico?
Ans. You will be able to get refunds for your flight for various reasons. Aeromexico Airlines Delay Flight & Cancellation Compensation Policy will refund your entire amount if it delays your flight by more than 5 hours. If you change your mind within 24 hours of booking your flight, you’ll also be qualified for a refund. To apply for it, you can contact the customer care of United Airlines.