How to Change Your Flight on Copa Airlines | A Step-by-Step Guide
Copa Airlines’s Flight Change Policy is the ultimate guide to modifying a reservation. This policy reduces all the challenges that occur in a flight change process. Because of this flight change policy, you can change your original flight and rebook another flight anytime and from anywhere. Copa Airlines allows you to book an alternative flight even after it delays or cancels your flights. You do not have to pay fees for changing your flights. Only the basic fare includes flight change fees. Thus, this policy streamlines changing a flight with Copa Airlines.
Copa Airlines Change Booking Policies
You should know all the rules and regulations mentioned by Copa Airlines Change Booking Policies. These rules apply to all kinds of changes that you make in your Copa Airlines flight booking. Following these rules, you can change your outbound or inbound flights within 24 hours of booking and on the same day of the departure. Some of these are:
● Your new flight should belong to Copa Airlines or its partner airlines.
● Copa Airlines does not allow any modifications in group reservations
● Flights booked with Copa Airlines miles cannot be changed. Those booked with credit or debit cards, cash, and checks can be modified.
● You can change your Copa Airlines flight more than once. Remember that you have to pay for every flight that you rebook again.
● Rebooking an alternative Copa Airlines flight should be done before 48 hours of departure. You will not be allowed to rebook it after these hours.
● The ability to book an alternative flight depends upon its availability
● Other than the flight changes, you can also modify your flight dates and times in your reservation. If you have made any error in your name, then you can rectify it under certain conditions
Copa Airlines Change Flight Process
The different online and offline modes allow you to change your Copa Airlines easily. The online modes include the website and the mobile app Copa Airlines. In comparison, the offline modes include the Copa Airlines customer care.
The websites and mobile apps enable you to initiate the flight change process through options such as ‘user accounts’ or ‘my trips.’ Through these options, they can access their itineraries and make required changes.
On the other hand, they can use offline modes such as phone calls to connect with the customer care service of Copa Airlines. This airline does not provide services through SMS or email.
Copa Airlines Change Flight Seat Step By Step
You can use Copa Airlines‘ website, mobile app, or customer service by doing the following:
Copa Airlines Website:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Copa Airlines
Step 2: Proceed to start with Copa Airlines flight change through options such as ‘my trips’ tab and ‘login’ that you can see on the homepage
Step 3: Retrieve your booking details by entering your login credentials or booking reference numbers
Step 4: Select the flight that is required to be changed
Step 5: Select the alternate flight that is available for the same day or the previous day
Step 6: Review the breakdown of flight change cost and pay with preferred payment methods
Step 7: Confirm the changes that you made on your flight
The Mobile App of Copa Airlines:
Step 1: Login or continue as guests on the mobile app of Copa Airlines
Step 2: Initiate your flight change process by tapping on ‘my trips’ or ‘login’
Step 3: Enter your login credentials or booking reference numbers and last name to retrieve itineraries
Step 4: Select parts of reservations that need to be modified
Step 5: Pay the charges applied to flight changes
Step 6: Confirm changes to your reservations
Copa Airlines Customer Care Numbers:
Copa Airlines customer numbers are available on the website. In the ‘information’ menu on the website, select the ‘customer service’ option and view details for the region to which you belong.
Copa Airlines Change Fee And Charges
Modifying your flight reservation on Copa Airlines incurs some amount of fees. These Copa Airlines Change Charges vary according to fare rules. The fare through which you have purchased your flight determines if you can change your flight or not. Different types of fares in Copa Airlines that permit and do not permit flight changes are:
● Basic– The basic fare includes the cost of changing a flight or its date
● The classic fare allows free flight booking modifications only once. You must pay fees if you want to modify it more than once. Your flight changes can be done at least 8 days before departure
● Full- Copa Airlines allow free booking modifications more than once for flights booked with this fare
Promo– Your flight booked with the business promo fare can be changed only once for a fee. Make sure you change it at least 8 days or more before departure.
Complete- You can change your flight for free that was booked with the business full fare.
Copa Airlines Flight Name Change Policy
Copa Airlines recommends confirming the correct name on your flight tickets. If the name is wrong or misspelled, it can create hassles during boarding. To avoid any problem during boarding, you should correct your name if it is spelled wrong before the departure date. Your name should match with the valid identity proof that your government issues. Copa Airlines does not allow name fields on a flight ticket to be filled with nicknames or pet names.
Copa Airlines Cancellation And Change Rules
Copa Airlines frames its rules for flight cancellations and changes you must follow. These rules are:
● If you keep your ticket on hold at the time of booking, Copa Airlines will cancel it automatically
● In case your Copa Airlines flight gets overbooked, your original booking amount will be refunded to you
● You can request a reimbursement for the total cost of your reservation if Copa Airlines cancels or delays your flight.
Copa Airlines Change Flight On Same Day
Copa Airlines allows you to modify your reservation. Copa Airlines lets you cancel the original flight and rebook an alternative flight date, name, or time. It allows you to modify these parts of your bookings as often as you want. You can modify your bookings until 48 hours before departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Copa Airlines allows you to change your flight date and other segments until 48 hours before departure
Ans. You can use the online and offline modes such as the website and the customer care of Copa Airlines to modify your bookings.
Ans. You can get a refund for your Copa Airlines flight if you have changed or cancel it. You can get the entire amount in the original form of payment if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking.
Ans. Copa Airlines has a 24-hour flight cancellation policy. It states that you can cancel your flight for free within 24 hours of booking if you have booked it at least 7 days before departure.
Ans. Copa Airlines will initiate the refunds of your original amount after flight cancellation within 7-10 business days