Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy
Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy enables you to check in in advance. You can check in for your flight through the website and the mobile app. If you were not able to check in through these ways, then you can check in at the airport via the counter or the self-service kiosk.
The check-in policy of Qatar Airways allows you to check in between 24 hours and 90 minutes before departure. You will not be allowed to check in after this given time. Your flight will be canceled without compensation if you fail to check-in within the stipulated time.
Thus, you can check in for your Qatar Airways flight successfully through all the methods provided by the airline. After the successful check-in in advance, you have to proceed towards security screening and then to the boarding gate. The Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy covers all of these benefits. Let’s take a look at all of them in detail.
Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy: Highlights
The flight check-in process on Qatar Airways is planned according to the convenience of its customers. They can carry out this process on their own time while checking in advance to avoid any trouble at the last moment. To check in on time, they need to know the following points about Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy:
● The boarding gate closes thirty minutes before the departure time.
● The self-service check-in kiosks end 60 minutes before the takeoff of your flight
● Qatar Airways does not allow web-check-in for flights from Sarajevo
● Online check-in for Qatar Airways allows the issuance of an e-boarding pass
● For the counter check-in, you should reach the airport at least 3 hours before your flight’s departure
● The airport check-in of Qatar Airways starts 4 hours before the departure of your time
● To request special assistance during check-in, you need to contact customer care at Qatar Airways
● Flights operating between the U.S and Doha should be checked in 24 hours before their departure
● You have to check in at the airport kiosk by using your ticket number and other details asked by the kiosk
● If you are using the airport kiosk for the check-in of your Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy, then your boarding pass will be printed by this machine after your check-in is completed
Qatar Airways Check-In Option
Qatar Airways allows you to use the check-in, the mobile app, airport counters, and the kiosk to check in for your flight. You can use any of these methods within the given period by the airline. While using any of them, you will be able to purchase your preferred seat, avail of other services and add-ons, book your favorite meals, and download or print your boarding pass. The following options are used to check in:
The online check-in of Qatar Airways:
● The online check-in enables you to avoid standing in long queues
● The web check-in window for Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy domestic starts 24 hours before departure. On the other hand, you can check in online for your international flight 48 hours before departure
● For all international and domestic flights, the check-in time ends 90 minutes before departure
● If the first segment of your flight is operated by the other airline, then you cannot check-in for your Qatar Airways flight that is booked in the other part of the reservation
● You cannot check in online if you have requested wheelchair assistance
Qatar Airways Self-Check-in Kiosk
● The self-service kiosk enables you to check in quickly and reach the boarding gate on time
● You have to head straight to the security screening if you do not have any luggage to drop off
● After the self-check-in via kiosk, you have to drop your bags at the baggage counter if you have any and proceed towards the security screening
● In order to utilize the kiosk for a domestic flight, you must arrive at the airport two hours before the flight departs.
● For international flights, you have to check in by using the kiosk 4 hours before the departure
Qatar Airways Online Check-In Process
Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy The online check-in process starts by retrieving your itinerary on the website or the mobile app of Qatar Airways. You need to use your booking reference number and last name to retrieve it. The check-in can also be done through your Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy user account. You can access your booking on the mobile app and the website in the following ways:
Official website of Qatar Airways
● Open the website of Qatar Airways: On the website’s homepage, click on the ‘manage/check-in’ tab
● Retrieve booking: Enter your booking reference number and last name to retrieve your booking
● Select and pay for services: Select services that you want to avail and pay for travel extras
● Pay for your seat: Reserve the seat that would be suitable for you
● Download boarding pass: Complete the check-in process by downloading the boarding pass
The mobile app of Qatar Airways:
● Launch the app: On the Qatar Airways mobile app’s home screen, tap on the three lines in the top-right corner and select the ‘check-in’ option
● Enter booking details: Enter your booking reference or e-ticket number and last name on the ‘my trips’ screen
● Avail services: Purchase all the services that you want to avail for your journey with Qatar Airways
● Generate boarding pass: Generate your mobile boarding pass and complete your check-in process
Qatar Airways Check-In Fee
Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy does not impose any fees for checking in. You have to pay for all the travel extras you want to avail. You even have to pay for any extra baggage that you want to carry. Fees you have to pay for extra baggage during check-in:
● Extra baggage fees range between $8 and $50 for Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy traveling to and from the following regions- Europe, Pakistan, South/East Asia, Central Asia, Japan and Korea, Australasia, GCC, Levant Iran, and Qatar.
● The price chart of the extra baggage for these countries is given on the website of Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy
● The price range for flights between Qatar and Africa is between 150 and 300. Besides this route, the price of extra baggage for all the other routes ranges between 250 and 450
What Is Time To Right For Check-In Qatar Airways?
You have to check in for your flights within the given time specified by Qatar Airways. Its starting and ending time is defined according to the methods. Specified check-in timings for each method are:
● Flights between Doha and the U.S: Check-in time starts 24 hours and ends 90 minutes before departure
● Flights of all the other routes: Check-in hours are from 48 hours to 90 minutes before departure.
● Domestic flights: Check-in ends 2 hours before the flight’s departure
● International flights: Check-in ends 1.5 hours before the departure of your international flight
● Domestic flight: Check-in time starts 2 hours and ends 60 minutes before departure
● International flights: Check-in time starts 4 hours and ends 75 minutes before departure
Qatar Airways Check-In Baggage
On Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy, baggage allowance varies according to your traveling class. The number of bags and their weight allowed is:
Flights to and from all destinations:
● Economy Lite: 20 kg
● Economy Classic: 25 kg
● Economy Convenience: 30 kg
● Economy Comfort: 35 kg
● Business lite, business classic, business comfort, business elite: 40 kg
● First Elite: 50 kg
Flights to/from Africa and the Americas
● Economy Lite: 1 piece of 23 kg
● Economy Class: Each piece weighs 23 kg.
● Economy Convenience: 2 pieces of 23 kg each
● Economy Comfort: 2 pieces of 23 kg each
● Business Lite, Business Classic, Business Comfort And Business Elite: 2 pieces of 32 kg each
● First Elite: 2 pieces of 70 kg each
Thus, the Qatar Airways Flight Check-In Policy ensures that you reach your boarding gate on time. It provides you with an ample amount of time to check-in. You can avoid the headache of checking in at the last minute by doing so 48 hours before the departure of your flight.
Related Queries Links
- Qatar Airways Flight Change Policy
- Qatar Airways Flight Cancellation Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. For your booked Qatar Airways flight, you can check in 48 hours before its departure. Whereas, if you are traveling between Doha and the U.S., you have to check in 24 hours before departure.
Ans. Qatar Airways allows you to carry 2 checked bags if you are traveling from classic, convenience, and comfort tickets of economy, business, and first class.
Ans. You are allowed to carry your checked-in baggage of 40 kg if you are traveling from the business or first classes of Qatar Airways
Ans. If you have your mobile boarding pass, then you do not need to get your boarding pass printed. However, e-boarding passes in Qatar Airways are accepted at selected airports. It would be best if you had to check your airport for the permission of Qatar Airways e-boarding pass