Unlock Savings | Cheap Flights from Montreal to Chicago
Traveling from the picturesque city of Montreal to the bustling metropolis of Chicago is an exciting adventure. Whether you’re planning a business trip, a family vacation, or a solo escapade, finding affordable flights is crucial to make the most of your travel budget. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll reveal insider tips and strategies to help you secure cheap flights from Montreal to Chicago without compromising on comfort or convenience.
1. Plan Ahead for Price Advantage : Booking your flight well in advance is a tried-and-true method to secure the best deals. Airlines often release their lowest fares several months before departure. By planning ahead and booking your tickets at least 4-6 weeks before your desired travel date, you can take advantage of early bird discounts and secure lower prices.
2. Flexibility with Travel Dates : Consider being flexible with your trip dates if your schedule allows. Prices can fluctuate significantly depending on the day of the week and the time of the year. Flying on weekdays, especially Tuesdays and Wednesdays, often leads to more budget-friendly fares. Additionally, exploring off-peak seasons can yield substantial savings.
3. Leverage Fare Comparison Tools : The digital age has made comparing fares easier than ever before. Take advantage of online fare comparison websites and apps to streamline your search. Leading platforms like Google Flights, Skyscanner, and Kayak allow you to effortlessly compare prices from multiple airlines and travel agencies, simplifying your quest for the most cost-effective options.
4. Set Up Fare Alerts for Timely Savings : Stay ahead of price fluctuations by setting up fare alerts on popular travel websites and apps. This proactive approach ensures that you’ll receive timely notifications when prices drop for flights from Montreal to Chicago. If your travel plans are flexible, fare alerts can empower you to patiently wait for the best deals to appear.
5. Consider Nearby Airports : Chicago is served by several airports, including O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Midway International Airport (MDW). Expanding your search to include nearby airports, such as Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) or Indianapolis International Airport (IND), can often lead to more competitive fares. However, remember to consider transportation costs and convenience when evaluating alternative airport options.
6. Maximize Loyalty Programs for Savings : For frequent travelers and credit card holders, loyalty programs can be a treasure trove of savings. Make the most of your accumulated frequent flyer miles or credit card reward points to offset flight expenses. In some cases, you may even score discounted or complimentary tickets. Before booking, check your rewards balances and explore the various redemption options available.
7. Travel Light and Opt for Carry-On Luggage : Baggage fees can quickly eat into your travel budget. Avoid these additional costs by packing efficiently and opting for carry-on luggage whenever possible. This not only saves you money but also expedites your airport experience, eliminating the need to wait at baggage claim.
8. Explore Different Airlines for Variety : Diversify your search by considering multiple airlines. Don’t limit yourself to a single carrier; explore various options to uncover the most budget-friendly fares. Keep in mind that low-cost carriers may offer competitive base prices, but always check for additional fees and evaluate the overall value.
9. Round-Trip vs. One-Way Tickets : When booking your flights, compare prices for both round-trip and one-way tickets. There are instances where booking a round-trip ticket can be more cost-effective than purchasing two separate one-way fares. Analyze your travel itinerary carefully to determine which ticket type aligns best with your budget and schedule.
10. Embrace Layovers for Savings : Although direct flights are convenient, they frequently cost more. If you’re open to layovers, you can frequently find more affordable flights with a bit of extra travel time. Ensure you have ample layover time to comfortably make connecting flights and avoid any last-minute stress.
11. Seek Out Special Discounts : Airlines regularly offer discounts tailored to specific groups, such as students, seniors, military personnel, or residents of certain states. When booking your flight, check if you qualify for any special fares or promotions. These discounts can lead to significant savings.
12. Stay Informed through Social Media and Newsletters : Stay in the loop about exclusive deals and flash sales by following airlines and travel deal platforms on social media and subscribing to their newsletters. These channels frequently share limited-time offers and promotions that can translate into substantial discounts.
Information about travelling from Montreal to Chicago
Popular airlines who fly from Chicago to MontrealUS Airways, Air Canada, Porter Airlines, American Airlines
There is on average 30.9mm more rain in Montreal than Chicago for this monthChicago : 59.6 mm
Montreal : 90.5 mm
Average deal for this trip$611.69 (CAD)
Most popular airline for this tripUS Airways
Montreal is 19% colder than ChicagoChicago : 16 °C
Montreal : 13 °C
Currency exchange rate$1.00(USD) = $1.36(CAD)
Flight information from Montreal to Chicago
- The average delay from Montreal to Chicago is 33 minutes.
- A one-stop flight from Montreal to Chicago typically costs $313.41.
- An average direct trip from Montreal to Chicago costs $313.59.
- The most widely used aircraft for flights between Montreal and Chicago is the Embraer (RJ145).
- There are typically 421 flights every week between Montreal and Chicago.
- On occasion, flights between Montreal and Chicago are canceled.
Montreal is 7% more expensive than Chicago
|Apartment (1 bedroom) in city centre||$1 082.41||$1 988.46|
|Imported beer at restaurant||$7.49||$7.46|
|Loaf of white bread||$3.98||$2.71|
|Utilities (Electricity, Heating, …) for medium apartment||$101.22||$188.86|