JetBlue Airlines understands that travellers create plans that can change later. Any airline’s flight cancellation policy should suit their changing plans. JetBlue Airlines flight cancellation policy matches all of their trip changes. According to this policy, they are able to cancel their flights according to their timelines. This policy is the most flexible and relaxing one that allows them to cancel their flights before departure.
Travellers of JetBlue Airlines do not have to pay any great flight cancellation cost according to this policy. They only have to pay a small amount of cancellation fees. Sometimes, they are exempted from this fee too. Moreover, travellers also get a refund of their remaining balance upon cancellation. They either get partial or full refunds upon cancellation and that too according to their eligibility. These privileges of JetBlue flight cancellation policy are becoming reasons for travellers to travel in the flights of JetBlue Airlines.
Nevertheless, it is advisable that travellers should understand the flight cancellation policy of JetBlue Airlines. They can decide well before booking flights on JetBlue Airlines. Lets understand the JetBlue Airline flight cancellation policies here:
JetBlue Airlines lays down guidelines for flight cancellations. It mentions these guidelines in its flight cancellation policy. Following these guidelines enable travellers to quickly cancel their flights and thereby calling off their trips. They can cancel their flights before checking-in. This policy of JetBlue Airlines does not allow them to cancel their flights after check-in. Although, it privileges them by cancelling their flights until the last hour of departure. Cancellations of flights with JetBlue Airlines still imposes certain guidelines:
● Travellers need to pay flight cancellations fees as determined by conditions of their fares.
● Some fares include free flight cancellations on JetBlue Airlines.
● JetBlue Airlines can cancel their flights due to reasons that cannot be avoided. These reasons can be bad weather, flight delays, mechanical issues and security issues
● The payment of cancellation fees apply to every domestic, international, outbound and inbound flight.
● If JetBlue Airlines cancels or delays flights, it books an alternative flight for free. Travellers do not have to pay any extra amount for it. They also have the option of rebooking another flight on their own. They can book it for free for free. Another option they have is applying for refunds instead of confirming the new rebooked flight.
● JetBlue Airlines does not charge cancellation fees for flights cancelled or delayed from its end
● Travellers of JetBlue Airlines can cancel their flights for free within 24 hours of purchase. They should book their flights at least 7 days before their departure for cancellations within this period.
● Flight booking cancellation becomes paid after this risk-free period of 24 hours. JetBlue does not allow free flight cancellations after this period. It is allowed only under certain conditions.
● JetBlue Airlines offers free accommodation as compensation to travellers who miss their connecting flights. It accommodates them due flight delay from its end
● Travellers who booked their flights with non-refundable fares cannot get any refund upon cancellation
● Travellers can contact the JetBlue Airlines groups desk for cancelling group bookings
JetBlue Airlines allow travellers to cancel their flights within 24 hours of booking. According to this policy.
● Travellers do not have to pay fees for cancelling flights within this risk-free period
● Flights should be booked 7 days in advance for cancelling flights within 24 hours
● All ticket fares of JetBlue Airlines flights allow travellers to cancel their flights within this period
● JetBlue Airlines flight cancellation policy within 24 hours applies to both refundable and non-refundable tickets
● Travellers will receive complete refunds within this risk-free period
JetBlue Airlines provides multiple online and offline platforms for cancelling their flight bookings. These platforms enable travellers to cancel their flights in easy ways. Through these platforms, travellers use their booking reference numbers and last names to review their itineraries.
They can apply for cancellation requests only after retrieving their itineraries. Travellers can follow this process only on online platforms managed by JetBlue Airlines. Instead of online options, the offline ones of JetBlueAirlines enable travellers to get assisted by the customer care service. They can use these platforms to speak their issues with customer service executives. These executives resolve flight cancellation issues as soon as possible.
Thus, they can use these online and offline platforms:
● Official website of JetBlue Airlines
● JetBlue Airlines Mobile App
● Email at JetBlue Airlines
● JetBlue Airlines Local Airport Office
● Social media handles of JetBlue
JetBlue flight delays and cancellations policy states that JetBlue can also cancel or delay flights due to adverse circumstances. These circumstances can be security issues or heavy rain and thunderstorms. Delays could also be because of lengthy air traffic. According to these circumstances JetBlue decides either to cancel or delay flights. On this basis, travellers are offered to choose from the options of compensation. Due to flight cancellation from the end of JetBlue, travellers can either request to rebook another flight or extend their ticket validity. Travellers can apply for full refunds or book flights for a later date too. They will receive the remaining balance as travel credits if the fare of new flights that are booked as compensation costs cheaper than the original flight.
Flights can be delayed or cancelled from the end of JetBlue. As a result, travellers also miss their connecting flights. JetBlue Airlines compensates as much as possible to cover up their losses. It entitles travellers to select from the options of compensation offered by JetBlue.
Travellers have to select from these options according to their requirements. Compensation options offered by JetBlue are:
● Allowing travellers to create a request for booking the next available flight
● Travellers can request JetBlue to extend the validity of their flight bookings
● JetBlue enables them to book their flights at a later date after the previous one’s departure
● Travellers can request for refunds instead of booking the other flights
Flight cancellation fees in JetBlue Airlines vary according to fares. Fare types such as Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, Mint fare types do not charge any cancellation fees for flights. Cancellation fees of USD 100 to USD 200 will be applicable under the basic fare.
Only travellers of JetBlue who booked their flights with basic fare can cancel their flights for free. For free cancellations, they need to ensure that they are cancelling their flights within 24 hours of purchase.
However, travellers will not receive back their money in the original form upon cancellations and refunds. In other words, JetBlue will refund their remaining balance as JetBlue Travel credit. This travel credit can be used by them for their future travel. This credit amount is valid for 12 months from the original ticketing date. Passengers can view this credit expiration date by visiting their Travel Bank account. It is an online account created by Jetblue for passengers. Passengers can view and receive their travel credits in this account. They can access this Travel Bank account through their TrueBlue profile.
The refund policy of JetBlue Airways is different for refundable and non-refundable tickets. Let’s understand them better:
Travellers who booked their JetBlue flight with non-refundable tickets will not receive back their money after their flight cancellation. They will still not receive back their money even after cancelling it within 24 hours of purchase. The remaining balance will be compensated as travel credits to their Travel Bank account. This rule of non-refunds will be applied to all fare types.
Travellers will get complete or partial refunds for their refundable tickets. If any other part of booking is not changed, then they will receive the complete amount as JetBlue travel credit. Travellers can use this credit for booking another flight or for paying the fare difference. These credits are valid for a period of 1 year. Although, they cannot pay for the following services:
● Even More Space seats
● Baggage fees
● Unaccompanied minor fees
● Pet fees
JetBlue does not charge cancellation fees for flights booked with Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra and Mint fares. Although flight cancellation is free within 24 hours of booking, yet they do not have to pay any amount after this period. They only have to pay an additional $25 for those requesting for cancellations through phone calls or chat assistance.
Q. I cancelled my flight. When can I expect a refund? What gets refunded?
A. According to rules laid down by JetBlue in its refund policy:
● JetBlue refunds your money as travel credits after flight cancellations.
You can use these travel credits immediately after being refunded to your JetBlue Travel Bank account.
● You will receive refunds within 7-10 business days
● You will also receive refunds of all the extras purchased with JetBlue after flight cancellations
These flight credits are available until their expiration dates. The expiration dates start from the original date of ticket booking. You cannot use these credits after its expiration.
Q. What is the penalty for cancelling a JetBlue flight?
A. Most of the fares of JetBlue Airlines do not include cancellation fees. Only the basic fare travellers need to pay cancellation fees of USD 100 for travelling within North America, Central America, or the Caribbean and USD 200 per person for the other routes.
Q. Does JetBlue have a 24 hour cancellation policy?
A. Yes, JetBlue enables flight cancellations within 24 hours of purchase. If it is booked seven days or more before the date of departure, then you can cancel it within 24 hours from the time of the booking. It involves cancellation of the entire trip. You will also receive refunds of your booking amount in the original form of payment.
Q. Will JetBlue waive cancellation fee?
A JetBlue waves cancellation fees for those fliers who request flight cancellations within 24 hours of the original booking. Therefore, if you have observed that you have made an error or changed your mind, then you can cancel it within 24 hours to avoid paying a flight cancellation fee.
Q. Will JetBlue refunds my cancelled flight?
A JetBlue initiates refunds after assessing your eligibility. It refunds when it cancels or delays your flights. It also refunds your remaining balance when your refundable ticket.
Q. How long does it take for JetBlue to refund?
A. JetBlue takes as long as 7 business days to refund the remaining balance as travel credits if you have booked your flight with a credit card. If you have booked your flight with cash or check, then you will receive refunds within 20 business days.
Q. Can I call JetBlue to change my flight?
A. You can contact the customer care executive of JetBlue to change your flight. It is available for 24/7. You have to pay a $25 non-refundable fee per person for changing reservations through customer service.
Q. How do I speak to a live person at JetBlue?
You can dial any of these numbers- 1-800-538-2583 or 1-860-364-8917. Instead you can speak with the JetBlue executive at the live chat
Q. Can you call JetBlue 24 hours phone number?
A. The customer service of JetBlue is available for you 24/7. Its team is responsive and resolves your queries as soon as possible.
Q. Does JetBlue compensate for delay?
A. JetBlue rebooks another flight for travellers if it is forced to cancel their flights. Instead of rebooking, travellers can also choose to get refunds of their booked amount.
Disclaimer :- We work only as a mediator among travelling agency and travel servicing agents. We don’t claim to be an airline and don’t have affiliation with any airlines company. Our business momentum is based for only the purpose of self expression and also don’t intend in having association with any air authority or fleeting company.